Whisky #30: Aberfeldy 12yo
Wow. Been a long time! That's what happens when you spend your hard-blagged dosh on bumping up your ratings on www.ratebeer.com
Anyoldhow. Aberfeldy - my first distillery visit on my first trip to Scotch Land. Very good tour, by the way; madly informative visitor centre, the story of White Label would make a great case study for any marketing student ;-) (http://www.dewarswow.com)
Brought a bottle of the 12yo back dawn sarf with me. A clean marmalade orange body, a very slim fruit 'n nut aroma, all orange peel and fresh split oakiness.
And then that taste - really fresh and fruity, light honey on the tongue, just a spot of oil to suspend the malt followed by a veneer of vanilla. Well crafted and one I wish I'd enjoyed more at the setting of the sun this summer.
Anyoldhow. Aberfeldy - my first distillery visit on my first trip to Scotch Land. Very good tour, by the way; madly informative visitor centre, the story of White Label would make a great case study for any marketing student ;-) (http://www.dewarswow.com)
Brought a bottle of the 12yo back dawn sarf with me. A clean marmalade orange body, a very slim fruit 'n nut aroma, all orange peel and fresh split oakiness.
And then that taste - really fresh and fruity, light honey on the tongue, just a spot of oil to suspend the malt followed by a veneer of vanilla. Well crafted and one I wish I'd enjoyed more at the setting of the sun this summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home