Whisky #19: Glenkinchie 10yo
Tarter than I'd been lead to believe - which is a good thing.
Certainly has a lemongrass aroma, the sweetness of the initial malt hit is quickly ravaged by a scouring dryness, a scythe of fresh grass chopped into a wok and dessicated.
And, does it not burn! There's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King.... I think the sharpness saves it from being another mediocre malt. It maybe a tad too sharp for its own good, given the generally sweet 'n easy nature displayed at the outset but I'll give credit where it's due.
Certainly has a lemongrass aroma, the sweetness of the initial malt hit is quickly ravaged by a scouring dryness, a scythe of fresh grass chopped into a wok and dessicated.
And, does it not burn! There's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King.... I think the sharpness saves it from being another mediocre malt. It maybe a tad too sharp for its own good, given the generally sweet 'n easy nature displayed at the outset but I'll give credit where it's due.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home