Whisky #5: Oban 14yo
Confounding stuff. Fruitier than I expected, not as salty/malty as I expected.
And the fruitiness was quite dusky, almost spicy, chunky stuff.
I got a hint of woodiness rather than smokiness in the finish; there's a dry tingle there, chops the fruit off dead. You can hold it in the mouth and keep getting a veritable jamjar full of warming fruits; soon as you let it go the dryness rushes in. Great contrast, makes for a rounded dram.
And the fruitiness was quite dusky, almost spicy, chunky stuff.
I got a hint of woodiness rather than smokiness in the finish; there's a dry tingle there, chops the fruit off dead. You can hold it in the mouth and keep getting a veritable jamjar full of warming fruits; soon as you let it go the dryness rushes in. Great contrast, makes for a rounded dram.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home